- Select group of English Division faculty and stakeholders attend Kellog-West training institute and meet to discuss the implementation of a Stretch Composition model at Pasadena City College for composition.
- Pilot cohorts of English 100-English 1A taught by initial group of English Division Faculty
- Grant Request for Professional Development and Leadership support for the implementation of a Stretch Composition curriculum at Pasadena City College.
Funding Phase 1–November 27, 2012 thru August 27, 2013:
- Continue initial pilot of English 100-1A cohorts through Spring 2013
- Select Implementation Team Leaders and develop a collaboration model to include an advisory board and stakeholders meetings
- Select Pilot Phase 2 faculty to teach English 100-1A cohort in Fall 2013-Spring 2014
- Develop Stretch composition model curriculum
Funding Phase 2–
- Develop ongoing professional development support for Pilot Phase 2 faculty teaching Stretch Composition
- Prepare transfer credit and approval process through C&I (Curriculum & Instruction) for the creation of a Stretch Composition course sequence.
- Recruit and train 3rd group of faculty to teach Stretch in 2013-2014 under the new course banner
- Provide ongoing professional development for faculty teaching the Stretch Composition course sequence